11 September 2007

Happy Hour and a Great Fundraiser for NMCRS

Last night I had a little happy hour to benefit the 103 year old Navy/Marine Corps Relief Society (www.nmcrs.org) and as a going away get together for my friends in DC. Thanks to everyone who came I'll be sending off over $1,800 to NMCRS tomorrow. That's money that will go directly to help sailors and marines in need. Thanks everyone for your generosity and your time.

Special thanks to Ania Krasniewska for her expert party planning, Paige Lance for the E-vite management and Kelli Vail and Stacy Hope for not letting anyone slip by without "reporting to the quarterdeck." And congratulations to the winner of the $150 Bobby Van's gift certificate, John Modzelewski, former colleague from CRDF.

4 comments:

cateinthecity said...

Good to see you, Bob. Now that I am an "Admiral" I do believe I outrank you! Be Safe.

Hourian said...

I wish I could have seen you before you leave. Stay safe (always smart) and keep us posted!

Unknown said...

Good to see you at the 1st USC game. (We are killing Nebraska, by the way, in case you are not able to watch the game this evening.)

Wish i lived on the East Coast...I might have flown out for your going away bash! Keep us updated on your mission. Hugs, L

Anonymous said...

Bob my Brother!
Fight the boredom,with bootlegging. Email me with your brand of scotch and it will be done. Is the mailing address on your blog still good? Rockets suck! Remember the famous words of Patches O'Houlihan Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and Dodge.
Stay in Touch.
Otis