16 December 2007

I’m Dreaming of a Brown Christmas . . . Well, not really, but why set my self up to be disappointed?

Looks like the Camp Liberty PX has a great sale going on everyone’s favorite family board game “Hit the Deck!” Something tells me that sales might have slumped on this item. Why buy the game and PRETEND when we get to do it for real so often?


The holidays are here in lovely Victory Base Complex. The crowds at the PX, the loads of cookies and treats on the conference table and special coupon deals. The check out lines are always long. The PX closest to me is open 24/7 so even if I need to find out at at 0300 that they don’t have anything except size small boxer shorts in stock, I can.

The gift that keeps on giving: the IRAQ TRAVEL MUG!! Fits perfectly into Humvee cup holders! (er, well, I guess it WOULD fit perfectly if the Humvee had cup holders . . . ).

Among the holiday mysteries (well, year-long mysteries) that I have yet to crack is why anyone here, in the land of huge quantities of free food at all the DFACs would instead choose to pay to buy food from Taco Bell, Burger King, etc. but each day there are lines of soldiers at these places.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm wondering who has taken the PX up on the "new car sales" option.
-McMunigal